It was 1995 when I first touched a cellular phone. Instead of the more popular brand, I had Alcatel. It was one of the pioneers of mobile devices here in the Philippines.
Last June 2012, Alcatel launches One Touch Nation in Bohol, Cebu, Davao, and lastly in Manila. The Cebu press launch was attended by technology bloggers and the media curious to know what brought the revival of a classic brand.
Some highlights I learned from their launch:
- Their brand ambassador is Chris Tiu.
- They manufacture their own products. No outsourcing.
- They started off their launch in Bohol instead of major metropolitan. A bold move!
We were able to get to touch and feel their handsets at the kiosk in SM Cebu. It was a fun launch as people gathered to join the games – fastest texting, case-changing challenge, and others.
What caught my attention was their Alcatel One Touch Sapphire 995 model. It’s a handy smartphone great for business owners who want a cheaper alternative to their Blackberries and iPhones. It’s only Php 12,999. You can view more specs about this device on their site.
Here are more photos of their event here in Cebu:
Prices posted from infochat.com.ph who also joined the event:
The phones that were featured on the ALCATEL ONE TOUCH NATION were the following:
1. ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Glam 810D—a dual sim feature phone that is the perfect tech accessory for more glamour to today’s feminine mobile lifestyle. It has a 2MP camera and pre installed FB button on its qwerty keypad which make it a unique, social phone any girl can bring on the go for just 3,599.00. This phone is available in Victorian Blush, Light Chrome and Cherry Red
2. ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Glory 918N—a dual sim, 2.3 gingerbread android phone with 3.2” capacitive screen and 3MP camera that comes in Black and White for just 5,699.00
3. ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Glory X 918N—another version of Glory, with the same specs but comes with interchangeable casings to suit one’s creative lifestyle for just 5,999.00
4. ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Blaze 985N—a dual sim, 2.3 gingerbread android phone with a 3.5” screen display and 5MP camera and VGA front camera for just 7,999.00
5. ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Sapphire 995—a 2.3 gingerbread android phone with a 4.3” screen display, 5 MP camera and VGA front camera, 3D UI launcher, 3G+ and 1.4GHz CPU speed for just 12,999.00.