I was laughing so hard when I saw that image on the WhiteLotus blog at Eggxpert.com. You see I was trying to imagine how you can compare 3G versus 4G. And seeing this pic just describes it all!
Well take a look at that and see if you’ll also compare this to this new thing from Globe. Look at the picture below. Go on, I’ll wait.
You may have seen this one from Globe. It may be on posters, advertisements or other blogs but without the details. The phrase may have compelled you to ask the question for yourself :
How do you live big your way?
For me, technology is an enabler. It gives me the power to perform duties to run my online business which is Third Team Media. It has helped me meet people that I could not have reached otherwise. This is me. This is me with technology. It helped me live big and live life my way.
Globe’s 4G mobile
Now Globe is giving us a new power. It is called 4G mobile – the first of its kind here in the Philippines. Globe is the first carrier to roll out a commercial version of this new mobile technology. At this moment, it has been deployed to cities in Luzon specifically Marikina, Makati, Quezon to name a few. But if you are not in Luzon, fret not as they expect to increase and expand this technology up to 2012.
What this means for you?
You will enjoy high peak rates, lower latency, improved “always-on” experience. This means you can have
- faster downloads (for graphics downloads and large files at work)
- high-speed browsing (beneficial to online workers who need to multitask with work)
- faster streaming (think FastPass TV and music streaming at Grooveshark)
What this means for me?
Same as above and specifically:
- No more waiting for hours of buffering shows for my son who loves Pocoyo.
- No more lags in loading websites for work purposes.
- Faster Pop music streaming at, yes, Grooveshark. I love that site.
- No more waiting for a site to load on my iPhone.
- Going back to torrent-ing ebooks that I can use for studying.
- No more connection issues during online conferences and webinars.
Some tech notes
- 4G and HSPA+
HSPA+, or Evolved High-Speed Packet Access, is a 4G wireless, mobile, high speed broadband technology that allows for peak theoretical download speeds of up to 21 Mbps with upgradeability for 84Mbps.
- Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) and Long Term Evolution (LTE)
These are the other technologies included in the 4G category as per rated by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) – the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technology issues.
- 3GPP Long Term Evolution (commonly known as LTE)
Another 4G standard wireless technology that has completed trials that verified some LTE functions including quality of service.
Prepare yourselves for this epic-ness and comment below if you can imagine being blown away (just like the girl on the pic!) after you read about this new technology from Globe.
What do you think? Will you look like that too? Leave comments below please.